Grodno - a town of temples

Grodno can be right be called a town of temples.
Architectural monuments are witnesses of the long-lasting confessional history of the town. The first Orthodox sanctuary (St Boris and St Gleb church) appesred on Grodno land in the 12th century. Krev and Lublin Unions contributed to the spreading of Roman-Catholic traditions; and in the 14th-15th centuries, Roman-Catholic churches appeared. At the end of the 15th century, the Jews settled in Grodno, and in the 16th century, they built a sanctuary. There are also the monuments of the Brest Union of 1596, which united Orthodox and Roman-Catholic confessions (St Basil's Followers Convent). At the end of the 18th century, King Stanislav August Ponyatovsky confirmed a Lutheran community and a Lutheran church was erected (19th-20th centuries).